Simple XVI century building, with a peculiar double central window and the low roof structure of the first floor, that was meant to be used by the servants of the noble owners. The palace hasn’t been particularly modified in its structure, but only in the shops on the ground floor facing the Cathedral square. It shows a rare architectural solution with the wooden shelves with fancy cornices holding the roof. Many inscriptions and coats of arms dating from venetian times are visible in the entrance room of the palace. Jacopo de Bertoldi, Mayor of Belluno, hosted here the general Giuseppe Garibaldi in 1867.
Source: Marco Perale
Via Duomo, 13, 32100 Belluno