The palace was assembled in 1776 by architect Valentino Alpago-Novello, who gave it its present outline unifying three different buildings that were previously separated. The intervention took place when the Marquis Guglielmo Fulcis in1776 married the countess Francesca Migazzi de Vaal und Sonnenthurm, the niece of the powerful Cardinal of Vienna. The main inside unit, with its original and remarkable stucco decorations from XVII and XVIII centuries was originally enriched by three great paintings by Sebastiano Ricci (1659-1734) that have been bought by the City municipality after having been sold and dispersed after the extinction of the Fulcis family in 1855. The mythological cycle was commissioned by Pietro Fulcis when he was admitted, at the age of sixteen, among the Knights of Malta in 1702.
Today inside the palace there is the Belluno civic museum.
Source: Marco Perale
Via Roma, 18, 32100, Belluno