The original part of this large palace was built by Odorico Piloni in the mid XVI century, a way to show to the city the new power acquired by his family, a few decades after the arrival of his father Antonio from Valle di Cadore and his admission in the noble city council in 1506. The building still shows a fresco cycle of the four seasons painted by Titian’s cousin Cesare Vecellio (1521-1601) in the original entrance hall at the ground floor of the palace, which is now called “sala affreschi” (frescoes hall) and has been transformed into a meeting room and conference hall. Upstairs, in the main meeting hall of the Province Government there is a gallery formed by the portraits of the Piloni family, and among them the XVI century historian Giorgio Piloni. In the room where the Province Board used to meet there are some XVII century minor paintings of the bellunese school. Inside the building was completely rebuilt in 1926-28 when the western wing towards the Cathedral was added by architect Alberto Alpago-Novello (1889-1985).
Source: Marco Perale
Via Sant’Andrea, 5, 32100 Belluno