Straw Bridge in Borgo Prà

Belluno it is connected to the ancient village: Borgo Prà, thanks to the “Straw bridge” that allows you to cross the Ardo river, linked to commercial traffic. The bridge was called “Straw” because of the roof that characterized it and that it was necessary because since always to pass it had to pay the toll…

Martiri Square

It is the square of Belluno, a garden in the center of the city, the living room enclosed by an arch of palaces of the most important Belluno families. In the past the square was known as Piazza Campedèl or Campitello. The name indicated the area where fairs, events and the market were held, starting…

Belluno City Park

Belluno city park called:”The Bologna park” is the green parkof the city of Belluno. In the city center, it is a park equipped to entertain children and adults. Once the garden was owned by the Jesuits. Inaugurated in 1960, it owes its name to the fact that during the Resistance to Nazi fascism a close…

Beata Maria Vergine della Salute Church

In the historic center of the city of Belluno, on the edge of Piazza delle Erbe, right next to the Monte di Pietà, the seventeenth-century church dedicated to the Blessed Virgin of Health appears hidden from the porch. Inside there is an altar, a wooden altarpiece and wooden angels made by the artist Brustolon. They…

Train Station

Built following a plan by Benedetto Protti, it opened on October 28th 1928, when the city decided to finally move north both the railroad tracks and the old Railroad Station built in 1886 on the location where now the Gabelli Elementary School are. With the same urban intervention, the nearby garden was designed in its actual shape…

Gabelli School

Dedicated to the memory of the bellunese pedagogue Aristide Gabelli (1830-1891) the Elementary School was built in 1933-34 with internal and external spaces designed by Agostino and Guglielmo Zadra to ensure the best possible didactic application of the Montessori-Pizzigoni method, tested and brought to Belluno by Pierina Boranga, a local teacher. This educational method asked…

Coletti Palace

Characteristic building meant to complete in a spectacular way the northern urban extension of Belluno at the beginning of XX century. The palace was designed in 1910 by the bellunese architect Riccardo Alfarè (1882-1969) when the city decided to move north the Railway Station. The building, originally born to host a furniture maker but also…

Loreto Church

Built between 1612 and 1641 on a design of the capuchin friar Andrea da Venezia, to complete the annex Clarisse’s cloister, started by the bishop Alvise Lollino (1597-1625) and finished by the bishop Tommaso Mallonio (1634-1649). On top of the side portal are still fixed the coat of arms of the Franciscan order, of bishop…

Old Hospital

Born as clerics’ seminar, as a substitute of the old building erected in 1568 in the same place by the bishop Giulio Contarini (1542-1575) in response to the new educational and training requirements fixed by the Council of Trento in 1563. This one in Belluno was the third Seminar erected in Veneto and still one…

Italy Cinema

The building is one of most characteristic results of the production designed by the bellunese architect Riccardo Alfarè (1882-1969). It was built in eclectic style in 1926 completely rearranging an older building that in XIX century was the city salt depot, but up to venetian time was the old church of Santa Maria Nova (“the…