Navasa Colle Palace

The simple XIX century Navasa-Colle house , at the western end of the old Campitello square, was completely modified in the urban completion of the monumental north side of the square in 1939-1940 designed by Alberto Alpago-Novello. To the old plain façade was added the arcade to complete the covered passage along the square, sustaining…

Crotta Palace

Powerful XVII century building, that up to XIX century maintained its double articulation as an urban residence, with one side looking at the square and the city wall, but also as a country villa, with the back garden looking north to the countryside, and a passage along the square arcades to unite both.It was built…

Saint Rocco Church

In 1530 the building was started as a votive church against the plague, than slowly continued and finally completed in 1561, as testified by the coat of arms of the venetian governor Giacomo Salomon (1559) on the left column and of Pietro Loredan (1561) under the statue of St. Roch on the façade. Used by…

Belluno old bank

Designed in 1939 by architect Alberto Alpago-Novello and built in 1947 to substitute an earlier, lower building with arcades in order to complete the monumental northern side of the square, already altered by the XIX century insertion of the Cappellari della Colmba palace by Giuseppe Segusini, whose dimensions somehow gave the proportion the new building…

Cappellari Colomba Palace

In 1835 the architect Giuseppe Segusini built this palace for the nobles Cappellari, the family of Pope Gregory XVI (1765-1846), who was elected to the Holy See on February 2nd 1831. The Pope’s coat of arms added two doves (from Camaldoli’s Benedictine order) on the family’s original coat of arms, and the family itself since…

Fulcis Palace

The palace was assembled in 1776 by architect Valentino Alpago-Novello, who gave it its present outline unifying three different buildings that were previously separated. The intervention took place when the Marquis Guglielmo Fulcis in1776 married the countess Francesca Migazzi de Vaal und Sonnenthurm, the niece of the powerful Cardinal of Vienna. The main inside unit,…

Trois Malaspina Palace

XVIII century building, originally belonging to the Trois family and then bought by the Malaspina (there’s a little coat of arms on the wrought iron arch in the entrance, at the opening of the stairs). It used to be the ancient Pharmacy of Saint Joseph: the XVIII century sign board painted by Gaspare Diziani, according…

Doglioni Palace

A very elegant palace, built at the beginning of XVI century, with interesting elements dating to the late XV century in the main door, with the Doglioni coat of arms and in the rich leaf capitals of the balcony columns on the façade. Particularly interesting the architectural solution on the left side, with the corner…

Serviti Cloister

The cloister was first build in 1463, probably by the same stone carvers from northern Lombardy who built the old cloister inside the Gregorian Seminary, then the Franciscan monastery of St. Peter, The building was created to host a community of monks belonging to the Servite Order, the promoters in 1503 of the first public…

Saint Stephen Church

Built between 1468 and 1491 by stone carvers arriving from Como for the Serviti Order, on the site where there was already an ancient church: on the left wall of the building is fixed a mourning inscription written in early Italian (the so called “volgare”) in 1349. Inside there is the Cesa chapel, started in…