The cloister was first build in 1463, probably by the same stone carvers from northern Lombardy who built the old cloister inside the Gregorian Seminary, then the Franciscan monastery of St. Peter, The building was created to host a community of monks belonging to the Servite Order, the promoters in 1503 of the first public pawn service opened in Piazza delle Erbe. The Servite community remained in Belluno until 1806 when the monastery was suppressed by Napoleon. The building was then requisitioned for administrative use, a destination still working up to now: today it hosts the Tax Register Office.
Source: Marco Perale
Piazza S. Stefano, 3, 32100, Belluno