The long façade, with its stone decorations around windows and portals, is scrolled along the south-west side of Via San Lucano. Today’s architectural result is the sum of at least three different house bought and assembled between XVII and XVIII century by the Campelli family, arriving from Longarone and working in the lumber trade, after their admission in the Noble Council of Belluno in 1658. The large palace was built by Giacomo Giuseppe Campelli (1647-1725) and after the noble branch of the family was extinguished in 1748 when the young Giacomo jr died in Venice, then passed to the Manzoni family. It became the Bishop’s see since 1884 and now is the residence of the Bishop on Belluno-Feltre.
Source: Marco Perale
Via S. Lucano, 16, Belluno