Built in 1936-38 following a project of the architect Alberto Alpago-Novello, it rose on the site where in the part thousand years there was the city castle, almost abandoned already during the last centuries of venetian rule and completely dismantled after 1806, when the city Jail was built on the same place, while the stones of the castle were used to build new XIX century private buildings. Some ruins of the old castle can still be seen in the garden beside the palace. The central Post Office certainly is the best and most impressive example of the fascist architecture still visible in Belluno.
Source: Marco Perale
Piazza Castello, 14/A, 32100 Belluno