Renaissance building, raised on an older house dating to the mid of XIV century, used as a recovery and hospice by the Flagellants Confraternity meeting in School built just across the street and now the seat of the State Archive, after being restored in the Eighties, when were found and cleaned the frescoes (from XV to XVIII century) that decorated the meeting hall of the Confraternity. The hospital was closed in 1793, when the three old little hospices of Battuti, Campestrino and S. Maria Nova were unified in the old Seminary, the building in front of the church dedicated to St. Maria di Loreto. Since then the old Battuti Hospital has been modified many times, especially inside, already within the XIX century.
Source: Marco Perale
Via Santa Maria dei Battuti, 26, Belluno