XV century palace, built by Giovanni Persicini in 1447, as recorded by an inscription carved in gothic characters on one of the capitols of the ground floor arcades. The building is located at the crossroad that divided the four quarters of the old town, called “Cros de Cal” (street crossing) which gave the name to the noble family of Crocecalle, whose coat of arms (a cross with four stars) can still be seen on the capitol of the two most northern columns. Since XVI century the building hosted for more than four centuries the old Pharmacy of St. Francis, beside the ancient carpentry and wood carving shop where the great baroque sculptor Andrea Brustolon (1662-1732) lived and worked.
Source: Marco Perale
Via Mezzaterra, 39, 32100, Belluno