Today’s palace was built on the site where used to be the ancient Canonical House, recorded since IX century. The structure has been retouched many times and was completely rebuilt during the years of the bishop, and learned scholar, Alvise Lollino (1597-1625), who left to the Cathedral his collection of books and manuscripts, the famous Biblioteca Lolliniana, which remained in this building from 1625 to 1840, when transferred to the Gregorian Seminary. Enlarged and modified at the beginning of XX century, after the damages of the 1873 earthquake, now is the seat of the Bishop’s Court.
Source: Marco Perale
Via S. Lucano, 2, Belluno