One of the last private buildings of the XV century city, still showing a little part of the frescoes that used to cover the façade, according to a decorative urban pattern tipical of the venetian mainland, from Feltre to Conegliano, Treviso and even Trento.
Traditionally is known to have been the house of the noble medieval Nossadani family, one of the four who ruled Belluno between XI and XV century. After their exile, following the arrival of Venice in 1420, it had been given to the captain of Porta Rugo, the southern city gate. The building still bears the signs of the many interventions it went through, that altered its original volumes, especially the addition of the last floor , erected by the bellunese architect Riccardo Alfarè (1882-1969), that completely modified the outlook of the original roof but also the overall balance of the old building.
Source: Marco Perale
Via Torricelle, 29, Belluno